Monday, April 5, 2010

Nice Little Monday

After recuperating from an Easter weekend filled with egg hunts, jelly belly's, chocolate bunny's and brunch buffets,  I decided to take Monday off and relax.

So what i've decided to do today is clean, cook, bake, and read. All of which I enjoy :)

I've done about 4 loads of laundry so far and it's only noon but I don't mind because there's nothing like having your entire wardrobe fresh and clean, smelling of eucalyptus and chamomile.  
For lunch I threw together a whole wheat pasta salad for my fiance and I. He works from home so he was thrilled to have a home made treat for lunch, rather then his usual coffee and salami sandwich. 
After recently completing the Master Cleanse, I have eliminated all things white (i.e. white baking flour, white flour tortilla chips, white rice, etc.) from my kitchen substituting with multi-grain, whole wheat, brown rice, blue corn chips and so on. So for the pasta salad  I used organic whole-wheat pasta and about every veggie I could find in my frig, which is usually a ridiculous amount. 
I made enough for leftovers so I could take some for lunch tomorrow, and the next day, rather than spending money and buying lunch next door at whole foods!
Next, a home manicure. I think I'm going to go with OPI's Brainiac. It's a rich coral, perfect for spring.  
And then baking some organic banana blueberry bread.  I add blueberries because I love them and use part almond meal or whole wheat flour instead of all white flour and all organic ingredients. It's healthier for you and taste so much better! 





No comments:

Post a Comment